Showing Collections: 61 - 75 of 75
This collection is a compilation of papers from each of Elon's presidents, from President Smith to President Lambert. It includes papers that are relevant to the time in which each person held the presidency and the events around the college and the world. Many of them include correspondence from various people connected to the town of Elon or the college itself, and the business they conducted. The collection only includes a rough inventory of the collection.
This collection consists of photographs and documents related to the family of Reid Maynard (1896-1983), longtime Elon College trustee and benefactor. There are five ferrotype photographs of Maynard’s grandparents and father Walter Andrew Maynard, most likely from the 1860s. There are also three letters, two dated 1892 to Olivia Atwater, Reid Maynard’s mother, as well as a letter dated 1944 addressed to Mr. and Mrs. W. A. Maynard, then living in the Town of Elon College.
This collection houses papers relating to sustainability efforts made at Elon University. The papers in this collection date back to 2006 and continue through the present as sustainability efforts continue across campus.
This collection is based around the Elon Teaching Fellows. Included in this collection are papers relating to the yearly trip the fellows take to Washington, as well as their History tours. Also included are meeting minutes, committee and task force information, as well as records of people inducted into the fellows program.
The Transition from Elon College to University Collection contains materials from 1986-2001 pertaining to the transformation of Elon College to Elon University. It contains research notes, newspaper clippings, proposals, reports, correspondences, guidelines as well as other printed materials. The collection is arranged chronologically and then alphabetically by type of material.
This collection contains DVDs and photographic prints. The DVDs contain the digital files of photographs that were taken of Elon University's campus by Will and Deni McIntyre during 2004-2005. A majority of the photographic prints appear in the book Elon: Under the Oaks by Will and Deni McIntyre, published in 2005. The remaining photographs are pictures that the McIntyre's took while at Elon, but were never published in the final book.
This collection includes materials relating to William Allen Harper, President of Elon College from 1911 to 1931. These are the only known "Presidential Files" we have from Dr. Harper's administration. Some of the materials relate directly to his time as President, while other documents have been collected over the years to form the collection. For more information about what is included, please see the section below titled "Detailed Description of the Collection."
This collection includes materials relating to William Wesley Staley, President of Elon College from 1894 to 1905. Some of the materials relate directly to his time as President, while other documents have been collected over the years to form the collection. For more information about what is included, please see the section below titled "Detailed Description of the Collection."
Housed in this collection are papers regarding the beginnings of and continuation of the WSOE Radio Station at Elon University. This collection begins with the creation of the first radio tower on Elon College's campus in 1921 and continues through the present. The station as we know it today, WSOE, began in 1977 though there was a radio tower on the campus prior to WSOE's beginnings.
- Names: Elon University--History. X
- correspondence 10
- Education. Higher. 5
- newspaper clippings 5
- black-and-white photographs 4
- Elon (N.C.) 3
- World War, 1939-1945. 3
- color photographs 3
- African Americans--Study and teaching (Higher) 2
- Alamance County (N.C.)--History. 2
- College publications--North Carolina. 2
- Military Education 2
- Student Societies, etc. 2
- Student activities. 2
- World War, 1914-1918 2
- black-and-white slides 2
- color slides 2
- essays 2
- African American college students--Societies, etc. 1
- African American college students. 1
- African Americans--History--Study and teaching (Higher) 1 + ∧ less
- Elon College--History. 65
- Elon University--Buildings. 13
- Elon College--Buildings. 12
- Elon University--Students. 11
- Elon College--Presidents. 9
- Elon University--Presidents. 9
- Elon College--Alumni and alumnae. 7
- Elon College--Societies, etc. 6
- Elon University--Commencement. 6
- Elon University--Convocation. 6
- Elon University--Societies, etc. 6
- Elon College--Commencement. 5
- Elon College--Convocation. 5
- Elon College--Students. 5
- Elon University--Alumni and alumnae. 5
- Elon University--Cultural programs. 5
- Elon University--Visiting speakers. 5
- Elon College--Cultural programs. 4
- Elon College--Faculty. 4 + ∧ less