Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract This collection primarily contains Correspondence and Printed Materials that relate to WWII, Elon College during WWII, and the Sigma Phi Beta fraternity at Elon College. The collection is arranged alphabetically by type of material into eight series, then chronologically within each series, where applicable. The series are: Correspondence; Financial Documents; Lists; Literary Productions; Maps; Photographs; Printed Material; Prints and Drawings. Specifically, much of the Correspondence was...
Dates: 1942 - 1993
Abstract This collection contains materials related to the literary societies that once existed at Elon College. Specifically, this collection has documents from the following literary societies: Clio, Philologian, Psiphelian, Appollo, Thalia, Dr. Samuel Johnson's, and Panvio. There were a few other literary societies that existed on campus during different time periods, but there are no materials of them in this collection. The collection dates range from 1890 to 1942. Some materials included in the...
Dates: 1890 - 1942
Abstract This collection is arranged alphabetically by type of material into nine series, then chronologically within each series, where applicable. The series are Books; Correspondence; Literary Productions; Maps; Photographs; Printed Material; Prints and Drawings; Realia; Scrapbook. Primarily, the collection contains materials documenting Marjorie Hunter's time as a student at Elon College in the late 1930's, early 1940's as well as her career as a journalist/reporter for the Washington Bureau of the...
Dates: 1940 - 1990
Identifier: EUA 110
Abstract This collection includes papers relating to the May Day Celebrations at Elon. The main purpose of May Day is to celebrate the unity of different nations in this world through the common bonds of mutual interests. There has been different celebrations concerning May Day worldwide, but they all express the purpose of welcoming a change of season, which is Spring.
Abstract This collection pertains to multicultural affairs across Elon's campus. This includes the creation of the Center for Race and Ethnic Diversity, as well as the African and African American studies minor.
Dates: 1992 - 2017
Abstract The Robert Holyfield collection provides useful materials and resources relating to Elon College and World War II. The majority of the items in this collection are correspondences that shed light onto life in a small town in North Carolina, daily life at Elon College, and what it is like being part of the U.S. military during World War II. The collection is arranged alphabetically by type of material into four series, then chronologically within each series where applicable. The series are:...
Dates: 1937 - 1945
Abstract Housed in this collection are papers regarding the beginnings of and continuation of the WSOE Radio Station at Elon University. This collection begins with the creation of the first radio tower on Elon College's campus in 1921 and continues through the present. The station as we know it today, WSOE, began in 1977 though there was a radio tower on the campus prior to WSOE's beginnings.
Dates: 1921 - 2016
- correspondence 3
- World War, 1939-1945. 2
- African American college students. 1
- African Americans--Study and teaching (Higher) 1
- Alamance County (N.C.)--History. 1
- Cold War (1945-1989) 1
- Journalists--United States--Women journalists. 1
- Radio in higher education 1
- Student Societies, etc. 1
- Student activities. 1
- Watergate Affair (1972-1974) 1
- Women journalists. 1
- color photographs 1 ∧ less
- Elon University--History. 4
- Elon University--Students. 4
- Elon College--Cultural programs. 2
- Bowden, Daniel J. 1
- Elon College--Muscial performances. 1
- Elon College--Societies, etc. 1
- Elon College. Clio Society. 1
- Elon College. Philologian Society. 1
- Elon College. Psiphelian Society. 1
- Elon University--Cultural programs. 1
- Elon University--Musical performances. 1
- Elon University--Societies, etc. 1
- Elon University. Center for Race, Ethnicity and Diversity Education. 1
- Elon University. WSOE. 1
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006 1
- Holyfield, Robert Hardin. 1
- Hunter, Marjorie, 1922-2001. 1
- Johnson, Lyndon B. 1908-1973. 1 ∧ less