Center for Race, Ethnicity, and Diversity Education (CREDE)
Scope and Contents
This collection includes correspondence regarding the creation of the CREDE and the African and African American studies minor, as well as flyers for multicultural events held across campus.
- 1992 - 2017
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The nature of the Archives and Special Collections of Belk Library means that copyright or other information about restrictions may be difficult or even impossible to determine despite reasonable efforts. The Archives and Special Collections of Belk Library claims only physical ownership of most materials. The materials from our collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study, pursuant to the U.S. Copyright Law. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials. Any materials used for academic research of otherwise should be fully credited with the source
.25 Linear Feet (1 archival box)
Language of Materials
This collection pertains to multicultural affairs across Elon's campus. This includes the creation of the Center for Race and Ethnic Diversity, as well as the African and African American studies minor.
This collection is arranged into one archival box. It is arranged alphabetically and then chronologically within folders.
The collection is located in the Carol Grotnes Belk Library Archives and Special Collections at Elon University. Please contact the Archives and Special Collections staff for further details about the location.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Unknown. Materials collected and assembled over many years to form collection.
Processed by Juliana Siler
- African American college students. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- African Americans--Study and teaching (Higher) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Asian Americans--Study and teaching. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Elon College--History.
- Elon College--Students.
- Elon University--History.
- Elon University--Students.
- Elon University. Center for Race, Ethnicity and Diversity Education.
- Juliana Siler, Libby Coyner, and Jasper Serenity Myers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Belk Library Archives & Special Collections Repository
Belk Library, Room 204
Campus Box 2550
Elon U.S.A. - North Carolina 27244