Church History Postcard Collection
This is a collection of postcards showing various people, events, places, and subjects related to the Belk Library Church History Special Collection (which includes information about the Christian Church, Congregational Church, Congregational Christian Church, and United Church of Christ). The majority of the postcards are from the 19th and 20th centuries. The collection is arranged numerically by the assigned postcard number and then alphabetically by given name (including all of the unidentified postcards) into one box. Please refer to the section below titled "Detailed Description of the Collection" for more specific information about what is included.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
The nature of the Archives and Special Collections of Belk Library means that copyright or other information about restrictions may be difficult or even impossible to determine despite reasonable efforts. The Archives and Special Collections of Belk Library claims only physical ownership of most materials. The materials from our collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study, pursuant to the U.S. Copyright Law. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials. Any materials used for academic research of otherwise should be fully credited with the source.
0.2 Linear Feet (1 archival box)
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged numerically by the assigned postcard number and then alphabetically by given name (including all of the unidentified postcards) into one box.
The collection is located in Belk Library Archives Satellite Shelving at Elon University. Please contact the Archivist and Special Collections Librarian for further details about the location.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Unknown. Materials collected and assembled over many years to form collection.
Processed by Katie Nash, December, 2011
- General Convention of the Christian Church--History.
- General Council of the Congregational Christian Churches of the United States
- General Council of the Congregational Christian Churches of the United States--History.
- General Council of the Congregational and Christian Churches of the United States
- United Church of Christ
- United Church of Christ--History.
- United Church of Christ. Southern Conference--History.
- postcards Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Encoded by Katie Nash, December, 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script