Church History Individual Church Files-North Carolina
This is a collection of materials that relate to a specific Christian Church, Congregational Church, Congregational Christian Church, or United Church of Christ (UCC) church located in North Carolina. Documents within each folder contain a variety of items, such as newspaper clippings, correspondences, historical essays, programs, member lists, and other types of printed materials. The specific date range of this collection is unknown, but the materials begin sometime during the 19th century and continue to the present day. The collection is spread over eight boxes and is arranged alphabetically by the name of the church and then location. Please refer to the section below titled "Detailed Description of the Collection" for more specific information about what is included
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The nature of the Archives and Special Collections of Belk Library means that copyright or other information about restrictions may be difficult or even impossible to determine despite reasonable efforts. The Archives and Special Collections of Belk Library claims only physical ownership of most materials. The materials from our collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study, pursuant to the U.S. Copyright Law. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials. Any materials used for academic research of otherwise should be fully credited with the source.
8 linear feet (8 archival boxes)
Language of Materials
The collection is spread over eight boxes and is arranged alphabetically by the name of the church and then location.
The collection is located in Belk Library Archives Satellite Shelving at Elon University. Please contact the Archivist and Special Collections Librarian for further details about the location.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Unknown. Materials collected and assembled over many years to form collection.
Processed by Katie Nash, December, 2011
- Evangelical and Reformed Church
- General Convention of the Christian Church
- General Convention of the Christian Church--History.
- General Council of the Congregational Christian Churches of the United States
- General Council of the Congregational Christian Churches of the United States--History.
- General Council of the Congregational and Christian Churches of the United States
- North Carolina--Church history. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United Church of Christ
- United Church of Christ--History.
- United Church of Christ. Southern Conference
- Encoded by Katie Nash, December, 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script